Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Babies on the Brain

 
The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated. ~Washington Irving


Well, here it is. My very first post. I sat here for the longest time wondering what I could write about.

Then it hit me--write whatever is on your mind and in your heart.
photo via Pinterest

 And I've got babies on the brain.
And my baby in my heart.

As of yesterday, my Little Peanut is 12 weeks along, measuring in at 2.5 inches from the top of its head to its little rear end.

The one recurring though that has been floating around in my head all day: I am a mother.

Rarely ever do I think to myself  I will be a mother. I already am.

At conception, that amazing moment where sperm met egg, I became a mother. Before I even knew there was a beautiful little life inside of me, my own role in life had changed.

Now, if I'm going to be completely honest with this blog, I do have to say as excited as I am, I'm also totally and completely freaked out. I will be in charge of another person's life. I am already in charge of another person's life!

And of course that Thought Train I boarded today put me on a connecting flight. The next thought bouncing its way through my oftentimes overactive brain center was: Being a mother is a big job!

I want to excel in being a mother. I want to be the best Mommy for my Little Peanut. And there's where my perfectionism is going to start showing its ugly face again. I need to come to terms with the fact that I am not going to excel in everything. I am going to fail. I need to rely on God to meet me where I am. To pick up the pieces. And to give me the strength and the grace to keep going.

*Even though this was a semi-serious blog, don't expect deep thoughts all the time! I'm sure my goofy side will be coming out quite often :)

2 comments:

  1. this is so precious, Alyssa! i adore this little blog so much! can't wait to meet this little one for myself <3

    ReplyDelete